Thursday, May 2, 2013

Master Bedroom Walk-in Closet ~ Thrifty Thursday

It is good to be back, this is my first post in over two weeks. We have been under construction around here and it was too crazy to even get on my computer some days. My dad is a builder and was down here for the past two weeks along with my husband and father-in-law and they were putting a new mudroom onto our house. It is close to being done but there are still a few things that need to be done, as soon as it is ready I will share it with you.

Today I am going to continue my home tour and show you the last room of the Master Bedroom, the walk-in closet. You can view the Master Bedroom tour here and the Master Bath tour here. With each room I went into on our first visit of the home I fell more in love. All my life I have wanted a walk-in closet, so when I saw this one I was in love! Our walk in closet is a little less functional as a closet the past year or so (I will explain below) but I still love it.

This is what you see when walking in…….my husband takes up most of the hanging space.

1

 

2

This is back behind the door where I keep all my things. On the top shelf I have a colored basket for each of my kids for all there special things and baby books. On the second shelf I have some of my craft things and all my greeting card storage. And of coarse lots of space for my shoes!

3

Below, is more of my husband things and baby blanket storage.

4

And here is why our closet is less functional………..it also serves as a nursery! Before you call me crazy I can explain! Our youngest, Leon, has always had so much trouble sleeping. We have tried it all, he has slept in almost every room of the house, in every baby bed we have owned and no matter what we tried he didn’t sleep. We even tried co-sleeping for a while. Well when he was getting a little older and wasn't sleeping well when he could see us I decided to try out closet. It has a light, a window, a door, heating ducts…….it is basically a bedroom. So I moved his crib into our closet and that has been his little room since. He really seems to love it too, it is quiet and dark and cozy! So there you have it! I would love to hear all the crazy stories of what you have gone through to get your child to sleep, feel free to share below. Smile

5

Leon’s cozy spot!

6

One of my favorite parts is the window! So cool to have a window in our closet!

7

So there is our Master Walk-in Closet! What do you think! o you have a walk-in closet? Have you ever used it as a bedroom? Smile

Don’t forget to link up your posts below on Thrifty Thursday……..don’t have a blog with projects to link? Go ahead and click on the links to check out some great recipes, crafts, and more!

Also check out:

Basic H ~ All Natural All Purpose Cleaner

The 20 Best Children’s Books

Banana Bread Muffins

Beef & Broccoli Stir-fry

Bakes Sweet & Sour Chicken 

Crockpot Fiesta Chicken

Thanks for stopping by,

Bonnie

 

Thrifty Thursday!

With: Lindsey @ Apple of Mama’s Eye, Jessica @ Healthy Higgins, Julia @ Julia Kendrick.com, & Krysta @ Krysta Steen.com

3 comments:

  1. You're not crazy! Whatever works right?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All three of my kids have slept in my old bedroom's walk in closet at my parents house and when we have gone on vacation there have been several occasions that the pack n play guess in a large closet! I'm just glad to find out I'm not the only one who does this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am thrilled to hear I am not the only one too!

    ReplyDelete