Monday, October 7, 2013

Crockpot Chicken Parmesan

As a busy mom I love anything that makes my life easier and saves me time and effort. One of the things I still hate to do after nine years of marriage and over 8 years of motherhood in make dinner. Its really not so much the making part but deciding what to have. I can’t really get out of that part of it but anything to cut down on the amount of time I spend in the kitchen cooking in invaluable to me. So for me the crockpot is one of my best friends when it comes to meal preparation! Today I want to share with you a delicious recipe that your whole family will love, especially if they already love spaghetti. This meal literally takes 5 min to prepare and another 10 or so shortly before eating. We are going to make Crockpot Chicken Parmesan!
What you will need:
1-3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (I say 1-3 depending on your family size)
1 jar of your favorite marinara sauce or homemade if you are really ambitious!
Grated mozzarella cheese, about 1 cup
Seasoned bread crumbs, about 1/2 cup
Parmesan cheese, fresh is best but powder will do
Italian seasoning, to taste
*Notice how everything is about, or how you  like it, or depending on your family size? There is no set amount of each ingredient, just what looks good to you and what your family enjoys, alter it to your family’s liking.
1. Start by placing the chicken in your crockpot, frozen is fine it will just need to cook longer. Then put on top of the chicken your Italian seasoning, bread crumbs, and parmesan cheese.
2. Next pour your jar of marinara sauce over the top and then sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
3. Then I finished it off with a little more parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning.
Chicken parm1 
 Chicken parm2
Chicken parm3
Shortly before you eat boil some water and cook your favorite pasta, we usually use spaghetti noodle but any kind will do.
Serve your delicious chicken parmesan over past and enjoy!
Chicken parm4
I hope you enjoy this recipe and I hope it makes a really easy meal for your family on a busy night!
~Bonnie
Find me on Facebook
Other great recipes by Bonnie:

7 comments:

  1. This looks amazing! Love those crockpot recipes, too! Pinned! Thank you so much for sharing at A Bouquet of Talent this week. Just featured at Pick of the Bunch. Hope you are having a great weekend,
    Hugs
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. made it an my family loves it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How long is crockpot cook time?

    ReplyDelete