Monday, February 18, 2013

Baked Sweet & Sour Chicken

Are you ready for another amazing recipe? This one is to die for! I got this recipe from my sister but I have seen a very similar one on Pinterest too. If you haven’t tried this one yet you really need to! I will warn you to do this when you have a little extra time to cook though. I know most of my recipes are very easy and very little time but this one has a few more steps to it, but I assure you it is worth it.

6

The ingredient list is pretty simple………

3-4 Chicken Breast, boneless skinless

Salt & Pepper, to taste

1 Cup Corn Starch

2 Eggs

1/4 Cup Vegetable oil or Olive Oil, whichever you prefer for browning the chicken

Sweet & Sour Sauce:

3/4 Cup Sugar

4 Tablespoons Ketchup

1/2 Cup Vinegar

1 Tablespoon Soy Sauce

1 Teaspoon Garlic Salt

Preheat oven to 325*.

Clean and cube chicken into bite sized pieces.

Salt and pepper chicken, to taste.

Coat chicken in corn starch then dip into beaten egg.

2

(I just put this little set up above, right next to my stove and put the chicken in the pan as I did it)

Heat oil in pan and lightly brown chicken, but don’t cook through.

3

Place chicken on greased 9x13 baking dish.

4

Mix all sweet and sour ingredients and pour evenly over chicken.

5

Bake for 1 hour stirring every 15 minutes.

Serve over your favorite rice. I used and organic long grain brown rice, it is very healthy for you and tastes really good, even my picky little children love it.

8

A few things I will let you know about this meal………it is very messy to make, the corn starch and egg will be all over you! Also during the cooking process the vinegar is REALLY strong, you are going to think there is something wrong and your chicken is tainted, it is NOT! Just tough it out, it will turn out just fine. You will not even taste the vinegar when it is all done cooking.

I really hope you enjoy this! It is one of our new favorites! I hope to see you @ From Nature to Nurture on Facebook!

Bonnie

If you enjoy this recipe you may also like these other great posts!

Crockpot Fiesta Chicken

Yum

Make Cleaning your Shower A Breeze

3

10 Random Facts about ME!

6 comments:

  1. THis looks great! Just pinned it so I can put it on our menu:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds tasty and love that it can be baked
    come visit us at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm your sweet and sour chicken sounds so good! It's one of my favorite dishes, I need to try making it at home too! Looks delicious, and I love that it's baked!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy! I heart sweet and sour chicken! So glad you shared at Shine on Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just pinned this! Thanks for sharing. Hopping from Parlo and Logi F-it Friday Link Up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. MmMM - looks pretty amazing! I've made a sweet and sour chicken before. It does take time, but it is worth it! Thanks for sharing this at Romance on a dime!!

    ReplyDelete