If you have children you probably have a beautiful library of books or if you are new to having children you are probably building your library. I thought I would share with you a list of books I think every home with children should have. Most of these are books that I loved reading as a child so they were must haves when I began having children. Some of them are even books that were mine as a child. They have gotten lots of love! This would also be a great list to share with a new mom at a baby shower.
I will start with the book no child should live without! This book has been read in my lifetime more than I could ever count! We actually have three copies of it!
1) Goodnight Moon ~by Margaret Wise Brown
2) The Very Hungary Caterpillar ~by Eric Carle
Eric Carle is one of our favorite but this is our favorite by him.
3) Just in Case You Ever Wonder ~by Max Lucado
4) Snuggle Puppy, A Little Love Song ~by Sandra Boynton
5) I Am A Bunny ~Richard Scarry
6) Where the Wild Things Are ~by Maurice Sendak
7) God Gave Us You ~by Lisa Tawn Bergren
8) Love You Forever ~by Robert Munsch
9) Go Dog Go ~by P.D. Eastman
10) The Tawny Scrawny Lion ~by Kathryn Jackson
11) A koala Grows Up ~by Rita Golden Gelman
12) Grimms’ Tale For Young & Old ~by Ralph Manheim
13) Caps For Sale ~by Esphyr Slobodkina
The next two are by another favorite author of ours that we have several of his books but these two are our favorites.
14) The Giving Tree ~by Shel Silverstein
15) Where the Sidewalk Ends ~by Shel Silverstein
The last 5 on our list are all time favorites by our #1 favorite author. You can’t go wrong with any of Dr. Seuss’s books but these are our favorites by him!
16) The Sleep Book ~by Dr. Seuss
17) Green Eggs & Ham ~by Dr. Seuss
18) The Lorax ~by Dr. Seuss
19) Horton Hears A Who ~by Dr. Seuss
20) Yertle the Turtle & Other Stories ~by Dr. Suess
I hope you enjoy this list as much as I enjoyed putting it together! I am always looking for great books to add to our collection, I would love to hear what your family’s favorite books are, leave me a comment below! Also visit me on Facebook!
Other great posts!