Welcome back to Feature Friday, where each week I share with you a new Shaklee product that is changing my life and my family’s life for the better! Today I am going to share with you another product from Shaklee’s Get Clean Line. For me this is another must have for my home and family, with kids and pets in the home it is important to keep things clean and germ free, especially in the bathrooms and kitchen. I no longer have Bleach, Lysol, or any other disinfectant/germicide in my home except for Shaklee’s Basic G. A couple weeks ago I shared with you Basic H (you can find that story here), a super concentrated all purpose cleaner that does hundreds of things, the only thing it doesn’t do is kill germs, so I also have Basic G in my home for the areas I like to kill germs and keep them away.
Are you under the belief that just because it is sold in stores that it is safe for you, your home, your family, and also your planet?? Well think again! There is no Federal Drug Administration for cleaning products. If you are required to use bleach in the work place gloves and masks are required to do so. How many of you wear gloves and a mask to disinfect your home? I sure never did! Did you know that to dispose of unused household cleaners you need to take them to a toxic waste site? I didn’t until I found Shaklee’s all natural, safe cleaners and was trying to find out how to dispose of my old cleaners. I am not going to go on about the dangers of Bleach and other disinfectants, if you are still curious after reading this please look it up and learn more.
What I am trying to tell you is that these products ARE NOT SAFE for your family! The good news though is that there is an alternative and it is not only safe for you, your family, your home, and planet but it is all natural, and it will truly save you money in the long run. Yes you heard me right. It will save you money!
Here is what Basic G can do for you:
- It kills up to 99% of bacteria
- It kills 32 pathogens, while Lysol only kills 8
- It is non-flammable, non-toxic, and biodegradable
Cleans, Disinfects, & Deodorizes in 1 easy step!
Basic G has a three year shelf life. Its residual effectiveness lasts up to three days after application. Chlorine Bleach used as a disinfectant is effective no more than one hour. Great wherever disinfectants are used!
Basic G is the most effective!
- Keeps killing up to three days
- Kills 44 types of bacteria, fungi, and viruses-including HIV virus
- Use in bathrooms-toilets, garbage, diaper pails, appliances and pet areas
- Keep in spray bottle at kitchen sink-spray counter tops, cutting boards, faucet and refrigerator handling after preparing eggs, chicken, and meats to kill Salmonella
- Kills several animal viruses- including Canine Parvovirus and Feline Leukemia
- Use as an air freshener
- Safe for stainless steel and aluminum
- Spray on carpets and vacuum to eliminate odor
Like I said earlier, it can save you money too!
1 qt. of Basic G makes over 600 16oz bottles of antibacterial Cleaner like Lysol
1 qt. of Basic G makes 454 16oz bottles of disinfectant spray like Clorox
Tough on germs! Gentle on the Earth!
The two main ways I use Basic G is in a spray bottle for my bathrooms, counters, sinks, and anywhere else I want to kill germs.
I also love to make my own disinfecting wipes! Here is my recipe for that:
What you will need to make them:
- Paper Towel, I use Walmarts Great Value brand, it is a giant roll, and is exactly like Bounty but cheaper.
- An air tight container, I use a 3qt container, but whatever will hold a half roll of paper towel will work.
- Measuring Spoons
- 2 cup measuring cup
- 2 cups of water
- Basic G
- Basic H, I add this also for extra cleaning power
- Cut roll of paper towel in half. It works best if you use a sharp, non-serrated knife and saw back and forth until you have cut through the paper towel. You should have two equal halves. You only need one at a time though, save the other for later.
- Pull cardboard tube out of center of paper towel, this may seem strange to do before but I have found that if you don’t take it out before and get it wet it makes the towel smell skunky after a few days.
- Place paper towel in air tight container.
- In two cup measuring cup fill with 2 cups of water.
- Add to water, 1 teaspoons on Basic G and 1/2 – 1 teaspoon of Basic H. After you have been using Basic H for a while you will feel comfortable deciding how much works for you.
- Pour water and Basic H and G mixture over top of paper towels. Let sit until paper towels have completely soaked up water mixture, this should only take a few minutes.
You can use you disinfecting wipes wherever you would have used Clorox or Lysol wipes, anywhere you want to disinfect. They are great for travel too!
Are you interested in how you can purchase Basic G for your home and family?? It is easy! Here’s how!
Go to my website……http://bonniecveykus.myshaklee.com/us/en/, and become a member today! It cost $19.95 for a lifetime membership. What does a membership do for you? It will save you 15% off the retail price of all Shaklee products for LIFE!!!
Yes for LIFE!
If you are already a member or would like to check out the products I have talked about today here they are:
Basic G ~ Germicide
Basic H ~ Super concentrated all purpose cleaner
Also if you are interested in making the change to day and starting over with a complete line of Shaklee’s all natural cleaners find a Get Clean Starter Kit that works for you!
Thank you for joining me for another week of Feature Friday.
Go to Facebook and LIKE my page today!