Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Day 2: Crockpot Pizza

For day one of my 31 days of Motherhood I would like to share with you a recipe I made for my family for dinner last night. One of my kids favorite dinners is spaghetti, but there are only so many variations of that you can make. So I thought this would please them but be a little different, and anytime I can use the crockpot to cook dinner I am one happy Momma! The crockpot has really become my best friend in the kitchen. With a busy life and now two children in school things are hectic in the late afternoons and evenings and if I don’t have to sit in the kitchen for an hour or more and cook, it makes for a smoother evening for us all.  This recipe took a little more time to prepare but I was still only in the kitchen for about a half hour and I chose to do it when the baby was napping so I didn’t have any extra help. So here is the ingredient list:

2012-10-01_13-04-15_256
1 1/2 lb ground hamburger, browned (to save a little money I only used 1 lb)
4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1 onion chopped
1 package of pepperoni slices
2/3 box rigatoni noodles, cooked
1 can cream of mushroom soup
2 jars of pizza sauce

In large crockpot (spray with non stick cooking spray) layer (use only half of each item, you will make two layers) in this order;

Hamburger
2012-10-01_13-04-49_678
Onion
2012-10-01_13-05-01_22
Noodles
2012-10-01_13-05-17_592
Cheese
2012-10-01_13-05-39_926
Cream of Mushroom Soup
2012-10-01_13-06-24_459
Pizza Sauce
2012-10-01_13-07-02_912
Pepperoni
2012-10-01_13-07-58_225
Make two layers in that order, turn crockpot on low, and cook for 4 hours. Serve with garlic bread and enjoy! Please share with us how your family likes this recipe!
2012-10-01_13-09-35_334
Visit me on Facebook! From Nature to Nurture

20 comments:

  1. Thanks for the recipe!! I <3 my crock pot and my kiddo loveslovesloves anything pizza OR pasta...win/win!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a new crock pot recipe, thanks Bonnie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds very yummy! I have everything but the pepperoni to make this for dinner this week. Yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It would taste great even without the pepperoni!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am such a crock pot freak...I will definitely have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this. Can't wait to try it! I am a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Clever recipe--great use of the crock pot and a lot of pizza flavor in your recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for joining Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  9. So easy - and looks soooo good! I think even I can make this one! lol! Thanks for sharing!

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! I love all these recipes with a slow cooker! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you all have enjoyed this recipe! Thanks for leaving me all the comments!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Did anyone try it? sounds really good!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've made this before and it is absolutely delicious.

    Thank you for linking up to Throwback Thursday!

    xoxo
    Denyse

    ReplyDelete
  14. I use my crockpot a lot, but I don't think I've made this exact recipe. I'm so trying it! Looks yummy.

    Thanks for joining us at Throwback Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This looks so good! I need a crockpot with a timer because I leave the house very early and don't get home until at least 5 pm. One of these days when I'm home all day, I'll try this. Thanks for sharing at Throwback Thursday!

    ReplyDelete