Happy Monday to all! We had a wonderful weekend, we headed north to spend some time with my family! I haven’t been “Home” since Christmas so we headed up late on Thursday and spent a long weekend with my parents and siblings. I think I shared this in a post a while ago but I have 5 siblings, 2 of them are married and have children and I have 1 nephew and 4 nieces up there. It was also one of my younger sisters birthdays, she turned 21! So on Saturday the dads watched the kids and the girls went out to celebrate, it was so fun to get out! We didn’t stay out too late but morning comes early when you have 3 young kids. So now it is Monday and back to reality . I truly love Mondays, the kids are back at school, the hubby is at work, and I am back to cooking, cleaning, and blogging! I love my job!
I love to share with you my favorite recipes, I love easy and fast recipes best. I do share some more complicated ones but I tend to stick with crockpot recipes and others that take very little time in the kitchen. With a houseful I really don’t have too much time to spend in the kitchen, my baby is very needy and doesn’t allow me much time. So today I am going to share something new with you, it is one of my more time consuming recipes but it is by no means complicated or too time consuming, I would say it takes 20-30 minutes to prepare.
What you will need to make this is:
3/4 pound uncooked lean trimmed sirloin beef, thinly sliced against the grain
2 1/2 Tablespoons cornstarch, divided
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 cup of beef broth, divided
5 cups uncooked broccoli
1 Tablespoon ginger root, fresh, minced
2 teaspoons garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, or to taste
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup water
1) On a plate or in a bowl put 2 tablespoons of cornstarch and salt, add beef and toss to coat.
2) Heat oil in large non-stick wok or deep skillet over medium heat.
Add beef and stir-fry until lightly browned and cooked through, transfer to bowl with slotted spoon.
3) Add half a cup of broth in same pan, stir to loosen and bits of food left on bottom of the pan. Add broccoli and cook stirring occasionally until broccoli is almost crisp tender. Do not over cook! Uncover pan and add ginger, garlic, and red pepper flakes, stir-fry for about 1 minute.
4) In a cup stir together soy sauce, remaining 1/2 cup of broth, remaining 1/2 tablespoon of corn starch, and water until blended, stir into pan.
Reduce heat and simmer for a minute or two.
5) Return beef to pan and any juices in bowl, toss with other ingredients.
Serve over your favorite rice! Ours favorite is an organic long grain brown rice!
Did you love this recipe? Never miss a post by subscribing to my blog!
If you liked this post you may like these too!