Friday, March 22, 2013

Banana Bread Muffins

I have a yummy recipe to share with you today! I have been making a batch of these a week for that last couple weeks, my family is loving them. I tried to alter a few things here and there in the recipe to make them a little healthier too. I think that making things homemade is a great way to be healthier to begin with, you know what is in them, no preservatives or unknown ingredients. I just add a few little extras, I will let you know what they are so you can make them the way you chose.
Banana Bread Muffins
Here is your ingredient list:
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar ( I used an organic pure cane sugar)
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup bananas, mashed
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1 1/2 cups flour (I used 1 cup whole wheat flour & 1/2 cup ground flax seed)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt (I use real salt)
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 box vanilla instant pudding
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips

1) In a mixing bowl or Kitchen Aid, cream butter and sugars until fluffy. Add the eggs, vanilla, banana, and yogurt, mix well.
2) Sift together the dry ingredients and slowly add to the butter mixture just until mixed. Stir in the choco chips.
3) Put batter in muffins cups and bake at 350* for 20-25 minutes. If using mini muffin tins bake for 10-12 minutes. Cool slightly before eating.
Yield 20 muffins or 48 mini muffins
BBM
Here is my little helper!
BBM2
BBM3
Yummy muffins!
BBM4
Enjoy!
BBM5
I would love to hear from you! Comment below and visit me on Facebook!
~Bonnie

Check out these other great posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment