Friday, October 4, 2013

Hairclip Organization/Display

One of the things I love about being a stay at home mom is finding time for little craft projects, especially ones that make my life easier and more organized. My daughter has an ever growing supply of hair clips and after a while it was just getting overwhelming so I decided to make a hair clip organizer/display for all her cute clips. I even started making some of them! You only need a few things for this project and you probably have them lying around so you won’t have to purchase anything.
Here is why we needed to do something!
Hairclips5
Supplies:
Hot glue gun and glue sticks
ribbon, any color but not too narrow, 1/2” or more
A nice plastic hanger, child size or adults depending on how many clips you have
Several large buttons, no need to match

I would assume most people have these things lying around, I just got a wild hair one day and decided to do it with things I had around the house. You can make it as fun as you want just by picking cute ribbon and buttons!
First step is to cut the ribbon to the desired length, I cut mine two different sizes.  I cut 5 pieces of ribbon, two of them about 12 inches and three about 18 inches. There is no set size, whatever works for you. You can see a picture below, (3rd one down) of how I arranged them.
Next warm up your hot glue gun and glue your pieces of ribbon to your hanger, see picture below. I glued the ribbon to itself and to the hanger so the ribbon wouldn’t slide on the hanger but you can always glue it to itself if you want them to slide along the hanger.
Hairclips4
After you have the ribbon glued to the hanger glue your buttons to the bottom of the ribbon to prevent the hair clips from sliding off the hanger. See picture below.
Hairclips3
This is what mine looked like when I was done……

Hairclips1
How CUTE is that?!?!?!?!
Hairclips7

Here are some of the clips I made her…….they are really easy!
Hairclips2
If you decide to make one I would love to see it! Share it with us all on my Facebook page, I can’t wait to see your craftiness!
~Bonnie
Other crafts by Bonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment