Friday, May 17, 2013

White Chicken Chili

If you have been following me for a while you probably have noticed I like to make simple and fast meals. I love using the crockpot to cook and like to spend as little time in the kitchen as possible. Not that I don’t like to cook, its just hard when you have kids to find time to spend in the kitchen. If I am not using the crockpot I like to keep my meals simple and fast to prepare. Today I am going to share with you a very flavorful and delicious chili recipe that is pretty quick to prepare. It is not a typical chili recipe though, I am going to make a white chili with chicken instead of beef. So if you like chili but are looking for a change this is it!

 You and your family will love this!

1 

Your ingredients are:

1 Tablespoon oil of your choice, for browning chicken

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts

4 teaspoons chili powder, feel free to adjust according to your taste buds!

2 teaspoons ground cumin

1 large onion chopped

1 medium green pepper

1 can cream of chicken soup

3/4 cup water

1 1/2 cups frozen corn

2 cans of white kidney beans (cannellini), rinsed and drained

Shredded Cheese, for a topping

 

Just remember, these ingredients are just a guide line. This recipe is pretty forgiving, you can alter it to your family’s likes and dislikes. For instance, your kids really like green pepper, add more than the recipe calls for. Or you love things really spicy, add more! I prefer to keep it light on the spices and than my husband who can’t get enough, can add more to his liking when he is eating it. I just serve the chili powder on the table for those who want to spice it up.

 

So you need to:

-Heat oil in a sauce pan or skillet over med-high heat. Add chicken, chili powder, cumin, onion, and pepper. Cook until chicken is cooked through and veggies are tender, stirring often.

4

2

-Stir in soup, water, corn, and beans. Heat to a boil and than reduce to low.

3

5

-Cover and cook until heated through, stirring occasionally.

-Sprinkle with cheese and serve.

7

I would love to hear what you think of my new recipe!

Share in the comments below!

Don’t forget to subscribe above so you never miss a post!

~Bonnie

Did you love this recipe? Want some more great ones your whole family will love? Check out these other great ones!

Crockpot Pizza

Banana Bread Muffins

Beef & Broccoli Stir Fry

Crockpot Ranch Pork Chops

Baked Sweet & Sour Chicken

Baked Bacon, Chicken, & Ranch Taquitos

Thanks for stopping by! I would love for you to visit me on Facebook too!

No comments:

Post a Comment