Saturday, October 6, 2012

Day 6: Amazing Fruit & Vegetable Wash

Today I want to share with you an amazing and safe way to get your fruits and vegetables clean. Yes, I said clean your fruits and vegetables! I  have to admit that this is the first time I have ever really cleaned a fruit before, yes I rinse them off with water but that is really it. Well I have been using Shaklee products for several months now and if you have never heard of them or know only a little they are a safe and all natural health and wellness company. One product they carry is an all purpose cleaner called Basic H2, and it truly is an all purpose cleaner, there are thousands of ways it can be used and it is safe for you and your family. Anyway, back to the fruit! I bought grapes for my children when I went grocery shopping today. I went to give some to my son for his afternoon snack and I have noticed this before and it has bothered me but I wasn’t sure what to do about it. The grapes had this whitish film on them that wasn’t washing away when I rinsed them.
2012-10-05_14-43-27_269
This is what they looked like before I washed them, kind of gross! Especially when I don’t know exactly what that is.
So I decided to try my Basic H2 on these grapes. I had heard that you could use this cleaner on fruit and it was safe, I just never tried it. So I followed my directions and……..
2012-10-05_14-44-09_854
Water and Basic H2 going into a bowl of cool water.
2012-10-05_14-44-26_27
I just swished the grapes around in the water………..
2012-10-05_14-45-24_231
Rinsed them well…………
2012-10-05_14-41-09_754
TA DA!!!!!! Amazingly clean grapes, cleaned with a natural and completely safe product! I am so impressed! Thank you Shaklee!!!
If you are at all interested in the product I used to safely and naturally clean my fruit you can check it out here. Please feel free to ask me any questions, I am happy to help! Let me know what you thought about my amazing results, comment below or follow me on Facebook @ From Nature to Nurture.

1 comment: