Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Crockpot Strawberry Applesauce

photo 1 (1) (1)

It is that time of year again where I am feeling like cooking, baking, and cleaning like crazy! I don’t know if its because the big kids are back to school or because fall is near but I am feeling domestic lately! Last year I shared with you a crockpot applesauce recipe that is just amazing and so easy!

If you haven’t tried it yet but would love to check it out here.

I have really been focusing on healthy eating for our family and getting away from processed foods as much as we can. My kids really love applesauce and it is great to throw into their lunches too but I wanted to make it for them instead of buy it and I’m going to be doing this from now on. Not only was it easy but it tastes amazing! It takes about 10-15 minutes of prep time and you are done and have a homemade, delicious snack for your family!

I basically did the same thing as my original recipe just changed up a couple things.

Ingredients:

6-8 Apples (we used our favorite, Gala)

1/2 cup of water

1/2 – 3/4 cup of sugar (this I changed a little, I will share that below)

1 – 1 1/2 cups of fresh or frozen strawberries (I used frozen ones that I had picked this summer)

photo 2 (3) (1)

 

Directions:

1. Peel, core, and dice apples. Place into crockpot.

2. Add strawberries.

3. Lastly, add water and sugar.

4. Cook on low for 6-8 hours, stirring occasionally. After fully cooked slightly mash with potato masher until desired consistency.

5. Serve warm, cold, and in small containers for lunches.

 

 ~ What’s Different! ~

 

Not only did I add strawberries to our applesauce this time I also added organic pure cane sugar instead of white sugar. I love the taste of it and I love doing something healthier for my family!

After we had it warm with dinner I stored it in small cups for easy snacks for the kids and also to easily throw in their lunches!

PicMonkey Collage (1)

Thank you for stopping by! Enjoy!

Bonnie

Other great posts by Bonnie!

Crockpot Loaded Baked Potato Soup

Crockpot Pizza

Baked Sweet & Sour Chicken

Chicken & Biscuit Casserole

Lose Weight Naturally

Bonnie’s Home Tour

Easy Stove Top Cleaning

No comments:

Post a Comment