Thursday, October 18, 2012

Day 18: Meatloaf Muffins and Homemade Mac & Cheese

Hi! Todays posting is late because I went on a field trip with my daughters 1st grade class. I love it when I can spend time with my kids at school!
Today I am going to do another awesome recipe, this is one of my very favorites! It is amazingly easy and it is fun to make.
My daughter does it all I just hand her the ingredients. So here is your ingredient list:
1lb of ground beef
1/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
1/3 cup parmesan cheese
1 egg
1/4 cup ketchup
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
salt and pepper
several shakes of Worcestershire sauce

Add bread crumbs and parmesan cheese to meat in medium size mixing bowl.
Then add egg, ketchup, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and worcestershire sauce.
Then the fun begins!
My daughter loves to help with this job! Mixing! By hand! It may sound gross but it is the best way to get it all mixed together.
2012-10-15_17-12-18_185
Now instead of the regular old meat loaf, we are going to make them a little more fun and put them in muffin tins.
This way you have neat little portion sizes and the kids seem to like it better this way. Any way to get my kids to eat better and I am for it!
Make sure you spray your muffin tin with non stick cooking spray, then they just pop right out of the pan.
2012-10-15_17-16-45_8
And here is your finished product. Just pop them in a 350* oven for 30-35 minutes and enjoy!
2012-10-15_17-19-49_834
Today I want to throw in a little something extras too! I made this as a side dish to go with our meat loaf muffins. It is a super simple mac and cheese. Boil your noodles or use left overs, about a 1/2 pound. After cooked throw them into a microwave safe mixing bowl or dish along with 1/2 cup of milk, 2 cups of cheddar cheese, and some kosher salt and pepper to taste. Microwave for 3 minutes, take out and stir. Return to microwave for 2 minutes more stir and serve immediately!
2012-10-15_17-52-27_5522012-10-15_17-51-03_112
It is tasty and creamy and delicious! I sure hope you enjoy these two amazing recipes. Please share with me what you liked about them and what your family thought.
Follow me on Facebook too @ From Nature to Nurture for more fun tips on home and family!
Have a great day! Bonnie

2 comments: