Friday, October 19, 2012

Day 19: Banana Muffins

With all the information out there on healthy living I feel it is harder and harder to feed your family right. In some ways there is too much information out there so it all gets so confusing. One of the things you hear so much of is to stay away from white foods, pasta, breads, sugar, flour………By no means have I excluded these things from my diet but I did come across a really great recipe the other day for Banana Muffins and they do not have flour in them. Instead it is oatmeal! One of my favorites, but it doesn’t happen to be a favorite one for my family, not sure what's wrong with them! Anyway to hide the fact that there was oatmeal in them I took my baby bullet and ground the oatmeal so it was almost like a flour. So they never even knew it was in them! We have to find ways to be sneaky sometimes as mothers!
Here is your ingredient list:
2 1/2 cups old fashioned oats (ground if desired)
1 cup of plain low fat Greek yogurt
2 eggs
3/4 cup sugar (or sweetener of choice)
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 ripe bananas
For the fun of it I also added some chocolate chips to the batter! The choice is yours!
Preheat oven to 400* and line muffin tins with paper baking cups or spray with cooking spray.
Mix all ingredients in blender until smooth.
2012-10-11_14-26-27_477
Scoop into muffin tins and bakes for 20-25 minutes.
2012-10-11_14-33-17_718
And enjoy!!
2012-10-11_15-17-07_750
I even made some fun mini muffins!
2012-10-11_15-16-11_132
Share with me your thoughts on this recipe, I love to hear your feedback!
Also like my Face book page From Nature to Nurture for more fun home and family tips!

No comments:

Post a Comment