Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Day 10: Bowtie Skillet Lasagna

I sure hope no one is getting sick of my recipes because we tried  another new one last night and it was AMAZING! I tend to be very critical of my cooking so for me to say it was amazing means it WAS really good! My children's favorite dinner is spaghetti, they could have it several times a week and be happy. I tend to get sick of it though, so I thought I would try something similar but a little different. It went over really well, my son said I am the best cook ever! I like getting compliments from the kids because they are very picky eaters, so if they liked it mommy has succeeded! So here is your ingredient list:
10 oz of Bowtie pasta
(I cooked a whole 12 oz box and kept some out for those who like plain noodles too)
1lb Ground Beef
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
1 jar of Spaghetti Sauce
1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
1 cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
1/2 cup Sour Cream
2012-10-09_17-16-37_134   2012-10-09_17-46-05_866
Directions:
Boil pasta, drain.
Brown ground beef, drain grease.
Add cooked pasta to ground beef and add 2 Tablespoons of olive oil, stir.
Add spaghetti sauce, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, mozzarella cheese, and sour cream to beef and pasta, stir.
Turn heat to low and cook until heated through.
I realized as I was cooking dinner that I forgot to purchase the sour cream, my cook book said to substitute it with plain yogurt, well I didn’t have that either. So I did have some half and half left over from my loaded baked potato soup the other day so I added a little of that and it still tasted amazing! Here is what the finished product looked like!
2012-10-09_17-45-52_263
Also I thought garlic bread would go great with this but I didn’t plan that ahead of time so I didn’t have any in the house, so I made my own. I had some leftover hamburger buns ( I also use just plain old bread if that’s all I have) and spread butter on them and sprinkled with garlic powder and baked. I broiled them for just a couple minutes, it doesn't take long if you broil them, watch them carefully so they don’t burn!
2012-10-09_18-09-07_24
Share with me your thoughts on this recipe, I love to know what you and your family think!
Like my Facebook page for more fun tips on home and family @ From Nature to Nurture

No comments:

Post a Comment