Friday, November 16, 2012

Me, My Family, and What I Do

I have been doing this blog for several months now and have shared with you many recipes, home organization, and cleaning tips but I have shared very little of myself with you. So today I would like to share a little bit more about me and what I do. First of all I am married, for 8 years now, to a wonderful and loving husband who is also an amazing father. Don’t get me wrong, marriage is not all roses and sunshine but I truly believe I have found the man I am meant to make my life with. We have made three beautiful children together who are currently 7, 5, and 18 months. I also have a 12 year old step daughter, this has definitely been a challenge in my life but I hope it is also making me a stronger, better person in the end. 

2012-08-07_12-38-33_456

I am also a stay at home mom and have been since my daughter was born 7 years ago. My husband came from a family with a working mother so in the beginning he supported my decision to stay home with our children but I don’t think he initially saw the befits. He is now coming to understand and fully support me in this adventure of motherhood! I am so thankful that I can do this, it truly is my calling in life. With being a stay at home mom comes the sacrifice of living with one income. We have always made this work and feel the benefits of me staying home outweigh the benefits of a larger income but it definitely has its challenges and sacrifices for us all. You can look back at the earlier posts I have done on shopping organization and meal planning that have really helped stretch our paychecks.

2012-08-19_15-14-02_3

I tried to do an at home business a couple years ago to help out with our income but it just wasn't for me. I had to still leave my family to do parties and found I just didn’t have the help and support I needed to make the business work, so I ended it a few short months after starting. I can’t say that I have been searching for something to do but I do feel this next step in my life kind of found me. I was in search of healthier cleaning products for my family and started by making my own products. Initially I was happy with them and with how much money I was saving my family. It didn’t take me long to realize that they just weren’t quite what I was looking for. Yes they cleaned, and yes they were saving me money, but they didn’t work all that well and they were still toxic products.

Shaklee

So one day just about 6 month ago I found someone who was selling Shaklee. Now I had heard of this before, my mom had used some of the products when I was young. So I looked into it a little more and found that they were all natural and non toxic, safe products! Score! So I made my first Shaklee purchase and even became a member to receive a greater discount.  I was very happy with my first product which happened to be a favorite of so many, Basic H.

Get Clean Line

Shortly after my first purchase I got this idea in my head, still not sure where it came from, that I could easily sell a product like this. I was passionate about the health advantages of an all natural cleaner and I could supplement our income at the same time. So I wearily sent an email to the woman that I bought it from, I was so nervous about taking another leap into a home based business, I was so afraid of another failure. Well after lots of thinking, praying, and discussions with my husband I made the decision to become a distributor of Shaklee products! Let me tell you it was a tough decision but truly one of the best I have ever made! I am not only in love with all that Shaklee has to offer, I am truly making a difference in many other peoples lives and helping my family in the process!

2012-08-07_11-56-23_41

I have made a life changing decision for my family. I want to live a healthier lifestyle all around and I want to teach the value in that kind of living to my children. I am truly thankful for all I have been given. I hope you continue to follow me on my journey through motherhood and beyond. I thank you for taking the time to read my posts and follow along with me. I wish you a wonderful day!

Also find me on Facebook at From Nature to Nurture!

Bonnie

Share with me below how your family lives a healthier lifestyles!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Bonnie! Thanks for linking up to my special About Me Pity Party last week. I loved reading about you and your family! It's awesome that you found something that you're passionate about that helps your family too.

    ReplyDelete